Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Chapter Dinner Meeting

Boy oh boy, I haven't "blogged" in awhile. I have been so busy with, doctors appointments, aerobics, Toastmasters, hair appointments (thank goodness), working two jobs, story hunting, visiting my mom, visiting with family in from Colorado (more about that on another blog) that I haven't spent time blogging.

I went to a Chapter dinner meeting tonight. There was supposed to be three of us going and maybe my boss from my school but it ended up being just me. I really wanted to go, so I did go all by my lonesome. I got there in plenty of time but the tables were getting full. I went to a table where nobody was and got out my "Story Request Letter" (which reminds me I should figure out how to put that here on my blog somewhere)and walked around handing out my letter. When I got back to the table there was two woman sitting at the table at the other end. I asked if they had seats saved and since they didn't I moved up next to them. They were so nice. They loved my book idea and started telling me some stories mostly of which had happened to a co-worker of theirs. The co-worker has been in food service a long time so she has lots of stories. They introduced me to her since she was attending and she said she would call me to set up a time for me to meet with her to get some stories. How awesome is that? I am very excited to have some one who wants to sit with me and discuss stories for my book. She too was very nice and seems to have a great sense of humor so I know I will be in for a treat when I talk with her.

I had a great time at the meeting and I hope to have done some networking for my book. Lunch ladies are always a fun, nice, and a warm group of people. All wanting to do their job to the best of their ability. I am so glad to be a part of them. It also helps that I won the 50/50 drawing. Yep, won $35 that will come in handy in the pursuit of my book. How cool is that?

Work is moving along smoothly. There is actually some room in my freezer. That doesn't happen very often. I think even my storeroom is looking better. We are winding down now in school food service. I think we are somewhere around 45 days left. Can you believe it? Then summer break. Ahh..... can't wait.

My son will be home in just about a month from college. We can't wait for that either.

I have some other things to discuss but I think I will blog about that another day. One blog will be about my "closing thought for Toastmasters" and the other will be about a comment my visiting sister-in-law made about school food. I bet'ca can't wait for that one. ha ha

Till next time.. All is well....

No comments: